Wednesday, January 23, 2008

How Much Power

How is it that we can be so powerful and not know. Nelson Mandela said when he go out of prison after something like 20 years said 'we fear our own power'. We have the power to sway peoples opinions, to lift or lower their moods, to help them or break them with just a few words and of course this power controls our own moods and feelings. I know at times I have been so down trodden, broke and hungry that I felt nobody could take anything more away from me, and at one point I discovered that I was alright with that, and at that point in time I was the most powerful I have ever been, because I forgave everyone for everything and that included myself. I have started to believe that the fear is worse than the reality with most things. If I let go of the fear of failure or think of it as a means of change it no longer comes between me and what I want. Forgiveness of your own failures and those around you that fail becomes a learning and strengthening experience. 

In my education as a potter, I have made thousands of bad pots. I have had bad firings, bad glazes, bad clay, terrible ideas that all informed me in one way or another. If I always made stuff that I knew would turn out I would stop growing and that is unacceptable to me.

.

No comments: